Control & Automation
R&R Engineeirng Control and Automation division has been developed over a number of years and has the in house capabilities to provide systems from the simplest Instrumentation Loop or stand alone PID controller to the most complex of PLC process system or SCADA package.
Being an independent systems integrator R&R Engineering are able to provide solutions based upon various hardware platforms.
Expertise in the use of various different manufacturers equipment has enabled R&R Engineering to gain expertise with the following
Bringing proven experience in producing instrument loop diagrams, cable schedules and communication network designs, R&R Engineering have provided process control systems and SCADA systems to numerous customers. These systems are based on most of the available technologies as integral parts of an MCC and as stand-alone units.
R&R Engineering undertakes projects ranging in size and complexity from small modifications to existing control systems to whole process streams requiring a fully integrated site control system. R&R Engineering are able to provide any combination of the following:
- Standalone PLC systems.
- Standalone PLC’s with an LOI.
- Multiple PLC’s interconnected via communications networks each fitted with LOI’s.
- Multiple PLC’s and LOI’s interconnected by fibre optic networks.
- Full site control systems including multiple PLC’s and SCADA terminals.
- Modifications and extensions to PLC’s.
- Retro-fitting SCADA systems to existing PLC networks.
- Replacement of existing outdated SCADA systems.
- Interfacing plant control systems to off site telemetry networks.
Documentation of hardware and software is a key factor in the successful completion of any integrated system. R&R Engineering pride themselves in providing the most comprehensive documentation available whilst ensuring this conveys the information in the simplest form for the user.
R&R Engineering Projects are provided with the following documentation set:
- User Requirement Specification (URS)
- Functional Design Specifications(FDS)
- Software Design Specification (SDS)
- Factory Acceptance Test Schedule
- Site Acceptance Test Schedule
All aspects of Control and Automation solutions are controlled via the procedure of the company’s Quality Assurance system.